Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Catch up

So time really does fly by once you have a newborn in the house! This past week has been fairly busy, getting ready for the holidays and everything. Chris's dad Dave was in town this week meeting Dani for the 1st time. He came up from California to make the rounds visiting his new granddaughters. His first stop was here, then he drove up to Cara and Paul's in Fairview to see Tyla. He should be back in a week or so for a quick stop before heading out to Thailand to prepare for his move there.
Saturday was supposed to be Turkey Day. Amy and her friends have had Turkey Day every Christmas since high school, and for the past few years it has been at our places (wherever they may be!). Unfourtunately, I guess the growing up has factored in and there wasn't too many able to attend this year, so it was cancelled. It actually felt kinda bad, like the end of an era. I'm sure it will be on and strong next season though! So instead of Turkey Day, we headed out and bought a couple chickens and cooked up a big Chicken Day meal, and had they neighbors over. It turned out to be a really good day after all.
Sunday Amy and I found ourselves at the Round-Up Centre in Calgary doing some heavy duty craft sale shopping. There must have been a couple hundred booths set up, and I was able to get the majority of my Christmas purchases done. I'm super excited about the gifts I was able to get. And it was a good way to spend the day. Chris stayed home with the kiddies, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have traded places with us for anything. The place was packed! I'm sure he preferred hanging out at home after the week he has had too - they are so busy at work, he usually has 2 or 3 houses each day. He leaves around 8 am and gets home anywhere between 6 and 8 pm. Yuck. But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Things should lighten up for him after Christmas, since the guy he is training will have his own tools by then and will be able to go out by himself.

OK, so Dani has been trying to smile this past week or so, and here is me trying to capture it... The first one was the closest to getting her biggest smiles - they are still pretty little. It's really cute trying to get them outta her. She has started to coo and goo at you sometimes, like she's telling you her 'stories'. The best is how she acts in her swing. She loves her fishies! She will stare at them and try out her smiles, and goo noises at them. I will try to get that on video once I charge up my camera's batteries.





Here's Dani the Dooz in her cutesie Pooh shirt. Just hanging out in the crib.





Zac and Mags having a cuddle on the couch Saturday morning. He looks startlingly similar to his big cousin Ty.




This one is just funny. We decorated the tree this weekend, and after we got the lights, garland and beads on, Zac did the whole rest of the tree, and he did a super good job too! So we thought it would be nice to get a picture of him and his sister in front of his hard work - but Dani didn't agree...I think this is right after Zac told her to "stop it already", which was really hilarious to hear coming from him, since he has more patience than anyone I have ever met before.



This pic is for Amy's sake. I know how she loves those baby headbands! Actually, I was against them to begin with too, but now that I see it on Dani - it kinda looks pretty cute!





I know it's blurry, but it was Dani's first time in jeans and a tee! She wasn't too happy to be posing for the picture, so this is my best shot.



1 comment:

The Kane's said...

That sucks that you had to cancel Turkey day! Dani is growing so fast, it's unreal!I love her little smiles, so cute!