Thursday, December 07, 2006

Honeymoon

Yesterday I finally found my missing pictures of the trip Chris and I took after our wedding to BC. Just thought I would share a few... Chris and me.
Maggie out the window - she spent most of the driving time underneath my seat, but if we ever slowed down, she was up on my lap in a second!
This is at Long Beach, just past Tofino on the Island.
Some nice road we went down. Turned out to be the wrong way. We had no idea we were even lost, and only figured it out once the road hit a dead end in a reserve. At least it only took us about an hour off course...But, if we never got lost, we wouldn't have found this nice lake to swim in. It was smokin' hot the whole trip, so whenever we couldn't handle it, we'd stop at the nearest lake or river to cool down for a bit.
This is just the hiway. I hadn't been to BC since I was about 5 years old, so it was all new to me. The trees blew me away. They are so thick along the roads, they have to cut them back, and they are like solid walls.
This was taken at Port Alice, on the north end of the island. This is where my Mom and Dad bought a house. Very nice place! You cant really tell when the pic is this small, but along the right hand side of the big tree, a little more then halfway up the photo, you can see there was an eagle. Well, it looks like a dot, but it really is an eagle!
Crossing on the ferry.
Some nice forest...
Looking up at a tree...
Chris and Mags in what I keep calling the "Enchanted Forest" but I know it isn't called that. I can never remember the name. Chris would know, but he's at work right now. Cathedral Grove! Just came to me now!
Me and Mags in the same place.





No comments: