So last night Dani went to bed about 1030pm, then woke up at 4am for a bottle and a change. We were back to sleep at about 5am until 10am. How nice is that!
This week has been pretty busy. Mondays Cub meeting was moved to Tuesday, so Tuesday had me taking Zac to swimming lessons at 4, then all of us packing up to go the the Scouts play at 630. The play was cute - I'm pretty sure the kids made it all up themselves, with little help from the leaders, because I couldn't really understand what was going on at all. There were some strange characters for it to be a Christmas play, but whatever. Zac had fun. The Cubs got to sit right close up, and the "actors" would through candy and stuff out at them. Dani slept through it all - even the screaming of kids and blasting of air horns!

Here is one of the leaders on the stage the Scouts put together for the play. It was just here in town at the Elk' s Hall. That's not really Rudolph hanging on the wall back there...
It was kind of interactive, because they held up flash cards saying "Awwww!" and "Thats what Girl Guides do!" for the cubs to yell out when certain things would happen. The girl in the blue dress was a Princess that all the kids yelled "Awwww!" at each time she came on stage.
There was this boy dressed up as a witch, and there was a magic mirror. I got the connection to Snow White, but not to Christmas. Maybe the dwarfs were elves...? The kids shouted out "Boooo!" when the witch came onstage.
Dani wore her Christmas dress to the play...
Wednesday brought out another window repairs guy, to look at our stupid doors. A week or 2 ago, when it was 40- C outside, we were practically sealed tight shut into our house. I couldn't open the back door to let the dog out, so I ended up being able to wrench the front door open to toss Maggie out on a leash. Anyways, it was cold, and our doors froze up, so we called in the guys. Supposedly they have fixed them, but stay tuned cuz I don't think we've seen the last of the All Weather Window Repair Guys.


I took pictures of the ice built up along the edge of the door once Chris came home and got it open. This was half melted off too!
Then last night I had my shower the girls at the bank threw for me and Dani. We got together at the new branch (nice place! especially decorated for the holidays) and had snacks and opened presents. What a lot of super great gifts! It was nice to catch up with the girls, because I have been off work since July, and only saw some of them the few times I went into the bank, instead of using the ABM.



Tonight I have to get Zac and Nick to swimming lessons, then I think things will wind a bit down over the weekend. Then next week there will be a few appointments (hair for me and Maggie too!) and a little babysitting for the neighbors (Nick's little sister Hannah (2 yrs old) will come hang out for a bit while his other little sister Sidney (3 mos. old) gets a skin tag removed from her lip). Then I'm expecting company for the holidays starting around Thursday. Should be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment