Wednesday, February 28, 2007

News

OK, so it took me longer than I thought it would to get back down here to talk about the trip. We are still painting upstairs, and the bathroom is half ripped out. Dani caught a little bug on the trip, and has been keeping me busy entertaining her, and last night Zac was sick too, up most of the night. Poor little buggers. Anyways, I have a minute right now, so thought I would share our big news... We are moving! We have been tossing around the idea for months now, after our purchase of the acreage up in Fairview (we thought it may just be an investment before the oil boom in that region) but have now decided that we are going to try something new. The trip was the clincher, making up our minds whether or not to make the move. It was only the 2nd time I had been up there, so we checked out the town big time. The people are really friendly, every time we went to the store, or when swimming & bowling, we just got a good feeling about the place. It was the 1st time we had seen the acreage too, and it was better than what we had been imagining, so that helped our decision. Chris is planning on attending NAIT, as well as working with our bro-in-law Paul when possible, to get his welding ticket, or maybe pipe-fitting ticket. He has a few months to decide anyway. The schools are really nice looking, with the public one having after-school tutoring for gr 2-6 in reading, writing and math. That'd be great for Zac to get more time with math one on one. We may put him into the catholic system next year though, we are still talking about it. We are hoping that since it is further north, and the winter months can be rather long, that we can get a few toys to make it more fun. Maybe a ski-doo, and Chris and Zac have already decided on a quad I think... :o) Anyway, we are hoping to finish the tail ends of renos here in the next few weeks, and get our house on We List in March sometime. If we have a hard time getting offers, after a month or so, we will try a relator, but we will try on our own to start. And if all goes as planned, this July we should be making our way to our next big adventure! Doesn't take long for us to start something new it seems!

2 comments:

RJ said...

Sounds like a great place to live!! Make sure you build an extra little cottage incase I want to move over there too!! hehe

:o)

The Kane's said...

Oh me oh my! That actually sucks! Even though we can't hang out all that often it's still nice to know that we can! I hope you love it though and I sure you guys will