Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Little Update

OK, so I don't have any pics to post with this one, but maybe later on today I will upload my camera. Just thought I'd type a few lines on what we have been up to lately. Not a lot...

Last Thursday Amy and I went to the NW to go out for supper with our sis-in-law Allison. We used to do sooo much together, but since moving out to the 'Toks, it's a little harder. An hour drive, you wouldn't think it's that big of deal, but life happens and days are filled and time flies past. But we picked up Alli and did a drive-by Amy's new house. I don't even think I've posted about that! Amy bought a new house! She and her girlfriend Skye went together and purchased up in the NW of Calgary, a half duplex that is only 3 years old, in Coventry Hills. They move in March 1st, so in just 3 short weeks. Funny how she was only going to stay with us for a few months, and here it is, almost 2 years later! Anyway, we drove past it, to see the area and all that, then we headed to Brewsters (our usual) for a yummy dinner. It was great!

The weekend went by really fast as always. Chris had it off, so it's always nice when he is around to share it with. Friday after school, Zac had a buddy over for a sleepover. A new friend, Josh, which was a nice change. Zac has been a bit shy, so making new friends is always welcome! So Friday night was spent just hanging out, getting popcorn and movies together, making big comfy beds with 90 pillows on the bedroom floor etc. Saturday was the usual, after sleepover morning. French toast, more playing, it was nice outside, so I sent the boys out to sled and play in the snow at the park. Josh's mom picked him up in the afternoon, and Chris and Zac and I played Dino-Opoly (the Monopoly game with dinos). Dani woke up from her nap and spend a good 45 minutes playing with us too.

Sunday Amy babysat for us so Chris and I could go on a date. Yes. A date. It was so super nice. I badly needed to get out of the house without children and without it being to just go out and run errands. We headed to the mountains for the day, taking the long route with all the back roads. We had a late lunch in Banff, and headed home the long way again. It was nice to have uninturrupted conversations, and just have fun the 2 of us for the day. Zac's Uncle Josh, on his Dad from Saskatchewans side, came to town (he is going to school in Lethbridge) and picked up Zac for lunch on Sunday, which was also very nice. It all happened while we were out, but from what I hear, it sounded like Zac had a good time.

Yesterday I spent preparing to paint the hall, bathroom and master bedroom. Last night I headed to get paint and all that, and chose a nice creamy coffee color to use in the hall and bedroom. We are thinking we will be totally renovating the bathroom, instead of just doing some odds 'n ends to spruce it up. New everything, so that should be an adventure. ha ha ha. I think I will take before and after pictures - so we can all see what our 1st bathroom reno looks like. It is currently a green themed 'earthy' bath, and we are thinking of going a nice white and blue 'water/ocean' theme after. Should be interesting. I'm also taking on painting all the closet and bedroom doors white (currently 80's wooden). I should give my head a shake, but oh well. Hopefully it goes ok. Otherwise we will be heading to the store to purchase new white ones I guess! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

RJ said...

Date night. Such a great idea. I think it's really important to have that time away from the kids (as much as we love them) I'll definitely be doing date nights when I get married.

:o)