Tuesday, January 16, 2007
horrible very bad no good day.
I don't really want to share the following, but feel like I should. I'd rather share happy news, but don't think we will be too happy around here for a bit. Last night something terrible happened. I feel sick writing this. Suki passed away this morning. I'm so sad. Last night, Amy and I took the dogs for a nice long walk, and just minutes after we got home, Okee snapped at her over a bone. I was in the living room with them, and jumped up to see Suki having a seizure in the middle of the floor, and her eye had come out of her head. It was so scary. Chris was there too, feeding Dani, and we both jumped up and screamed for Amy who was in the kitchen. She scooped her up and we rushed to the car. We actually had to drive around Okotoks for a half an hour looking for an open vets clinic, rushing to liquor and pizza stores to use their phones to call after hours numbers. We ran out of the house without cells or purses or even shoes for Amy. No one would help. We had to drive Suki into the hospital in the city. We couldn't believe no one could help us. No one. The vet thought the eye was secondary to the shock she was in, and gave her fluids, morphine, and oxygyn. They covered her eye and put her in an incubator, to try to stablize her before dealing with the eye. They took an xray of her head (which was bitten on the top) and said that there seemed to be nothing wrong, beside some swelling of the wound site. We were sent home around midnight, thinking she would pull through ok, after she relaxed they could sedate her and put her eye back in. She made it through the surgury inthe middle of the night, but didn't last much longer after that. Amy is having a terrible time dealing with this. Our pets are like family, and hers are her kids. Okee has gone to our brother Jeffs house for the time being, as we can't trust him in the house, but are having a hard time deciding what to do with him. I hate this. We can't stop crying, and it feels just sick around here. I wish yesterday never happened. But, since it did, we will be doing our best for the next little while to comfort Amy and to deal with our losses. I may be back on updating soon, but if not, hopefully I return with us (and mostly Amy) feeling better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that is the worst thing I have ever heard! Poor Amy! I can not imagine what she is going through right now. Tell her I am so sorry
and call me when you feel up to it
Post a Comment