Sunday night I found myself hugging the toilet for some strange reason. I'm sure everyone is very interested in this! I woke up about 15 minutes before Dani did around 1 or 2 in the morning, and had to make Chris get up to feed and change her as I spend the following 3 hours being violently sick. Haven't thrown up like that since the first trimester! Think I musta ate something bad, but all I had was stirfry and salad for supper and so did Amy and Chris and Zac and none of them were sick. Oh well, what can you do. And Monday morning we were supposed to have a meeting in the city with our insurance guy, but I had to cancel since I just didn't feel up to it. But that afternoon I had another appointment for the window guys to come finish a few things they had left to do. They got a missing screen made and put in the living room window, and fixed the weather stripping on the front door. So now, all that is left for them to do is to get the front bay window replaced. I don't understand how they can measure the thing on 3 different occasions by 3 different people and still get the window made wrong, but they did. Hopefully the fact that I held back the remaining payment will get them back here with it pronto. They said to expect it around mid-January.
And now it's Wednesday and there is nothing going on for the rest of the week. Lots of napping I hope! Chris and Zac are headed to Scouts Camp Gardner this weekend. It's out near Bragg Creek, and they were there last year with the Beavers. This year should be a bit different since the boys are older. Zac is super pumped about going. They get to sleep indoors this time at least, thankfully since the weather is going to be so cold. But they have to do badgework, so will be outside for some of the activities. And this time it's 2 nights, so that will be interesting to see how they do. I know Chris came back last year with a sore back after having to cram his 6 foot 3 inch body onto a tiny bunk bed, but hopefully this time it goes better.
And since Amy headed off last night to the Dominican Republic for her friend Tracey's wedding, it will be just us girls at home all weekend long. Me, Dani and Maggie. I talked to my sister-in-law Allison and I'm thinking of going into the city to her and Jeffs place on Saturday. She says they will pamper me with a nap and a bubble bath, followed by a movie night. It's pretty tempting, so it most likely will happen. I'll just hope Dani doesn't keep them up all night!
So, here is Maggie's new dog bed. Or so she thinks! It's actually what we got for Dani, along with a snugli, from my brother Scott and his familys gift certificate. Seems like whenever there is anything on the floor, the pets have to gravitate towards it. If Dani isn't on here, you can find Maggie or Okee chewing a bone, or Abby just laying around on it. Weirdos.
We have discovered that Dani had curly hair like her Momma. For now anyways. So after she gets outta the bath, we can give her a curl right on the top of her head.
Here is Zac and Dani after I got her ready to go for a walk. She looked pretty cute in her snowsuit, so we snapped a shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment