Monday, March 12, 2007

Weekend of Needles & Playtime

So my Mom & Dad were in town this weekend! It was a busy one.

Friday Zac had a sleepover at the neighbors house. He and Nick are in the same class, and have been best buddies since we started visiting Chris out here. We call them "Zacholas" and "Nichory".

Then Saturday we headed to the city and Zac went to my brother Jeffs house to hang with his cousins (Happy 13th Bday Brandon! March 7) and have another sleepover! I got to stop in to my friend Estelles baby girl Kaylas 1st Bday (Happy Bday Kayla! March 10) which was short but sweet. I can't believe it's been a year! I stopped in at Amy's house with a last load of her crap. Ha ha - just joshin' Ames! Her stuff. Then I had to boogy on home to finish painting our bedroom.

My Mom and Dad got to our place late that evening. We met up with Jeff and Allison and all 3 boys, and Amy too, at Rickys in Calgary to get Zac back the next morning and have a quick visit. Chris unfourtunatley missed it because of work.

Then we all took over Ikea for the afternoon. It was like the invasion of the Buchanans. Every department held at least one or 2 of us. So I picked up some nice sheers for the bedroom, and a new drapery rod for the living room (still can't decide on drapes for there though) and some new lamp shades for in the bedroom too. Then that evening was spend, as always, painting and working on the bathroom. The master bedroom is about 2 days away from being finished. I'm so excited! Chris got the bathtub installed today also, and I think it was pretty handy having my Dad's advice. Things are coming along. Slowly, it seems, but soon the house will be basically reno'd from top to bottom. It feels awesome! What a huge ordeal.

Anyway, back to the weekend. So Sunday night we just hung out with the parents, and this morning we all slept in. Even the neighbor kid Nick. Zac and he always walk to the bus together, but they both woke up 5 mins till they had to walk out the door. Luckily I had to get going to take Dani to get her immunizations, so we all piled into the car (with Gramma too!) and the boys got to school on time, and Dani got to the needles in time. She did so good, not even crying for the 1st shot. It was a round of 3, and by the 3rd she was pretty ticked off. She stopped crying right away though, such a big girl! And I really mean big girl. She weighs 17 lbs 4 ozs, (she will be 5 months old tomorrow) and is in the 95th percentile, and then she is 26 inches tall and in the 90th percentile. Here are some pics of her and me (I think they are almost the only ones in existance, since she was born!) playing on the floor. You can see the tape on her thighs from the shots. Poor baby. Zzzerrrberrrtt!
Dani has figured out how to pull hair. How fun.
Cheese!
Smooch!

No comments: