Ok, so for those of you who have tuned into the "Phillips Family" blog since the beginning basically, you will remember back when Dani was first born, and she and I were sitting in the basement for 2 days while the upstairs was torn apart by the window guys. Quick recap, that was in October, we had ordered the windows in June. They messed up and made our bay window wrong, so said that they would be back in December with it. Made it wrong again. Said we'd get something up for January. We didn't hear from them till March (yes, just now) and that was just a message to see where the rest of their money was, as I refused to pay more than the deposit till the work was complete. So now, they get a call back from us saying it's funny they are looking for their money, as we are looking for our window. 9 months after we ordered it. Neither of us (Chris nor I) are very happy about this, obviously, and it may have shown through on Chris's sarcastic v-mail. Well, funny enough, they miraculously have our window the next week to install. So needless to say, the day the guys came here to install was a joke, just like the majority of their products and services. They show up (the one guy in charge is the original installer, whom we were told didn't even work with the company anymore, and that is why we were not contacted about finishing the job, as everyone else was under the impression that it was already done. Strange... I guess he musta got hired back...) and they only have one window out of the three that are needed to make a BAY window. Who ever heard of a bay window with just one sheet of glass? I guess they are only in the 'window' business, maybe that's beyond their scope of knowledge. So, after only 2 trips back to the office in the city, and what I think was a trip to the local Home Hardware store, to get extra materials to cut and paste the windows into place, as they sure didn't slide right in, they got it up and working. I painted the surrounding wood white, and it actually looks pretty good. So finally the All Weather Windows fiasco is finished! Well, the bill isn't settled yet, nor will it be until they send their branch manager over next week to inspect the work, hear the whole story, and tell us if this is the quality of work that their consumers should expect. Stay tuned...
Onto nicer topics, Amy and I got to head to Canmore this past Saturday for a night of relaxation. It was so super awesome. We stayed at the FalconCREST Lodge. (Not FalconRIDGE, which is a sketchy part of NE Calgary) We watched movies and ate room service, went out for a quick Starbucks and a walk with Roxie (the little dog came, and Mags stayed home with Dad and the kiddies). Sunday morning we walked the shops downtown and headed back home in the early aft. It was great for a little break, and it was super awesome for my wonderful husband to give me that treat! But it was the first night I spent away from Dani, so I was lonely for her, and Zac, and after almost 2 years of marriage, it feels really strange to sleep alone! So, I was refreshed and happy to come home!
We spent Wednesday running errands, Dr. appts, post office, and da-da-da-da! opened Dani's bank account! So, it's a little special for me, maybe because I work at the bank, but whatever. It was her first 'official' business since getting her birth certificate, and next it's on to the dreaded SIN card, so we can get her RESPs started ASAP. :o) Oh what fun that paperwork is!
Thursday was Parent Teacher Interviews, and it was nice to hear again what a special, caring, happy son I have. It was also great to hear how he is coming along in his work, and touching base with his teacher to know whats up in his little life at school is always so interesting. Much more in depth than the answers I get from the horses mouth anyway...
But, I better run out the door, going to meet Amy and I still have to wake up Dani to get there in time (which will be late already, I can tell!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't believe the window guys! You should call the BBB! But at least you have a nice time away for a moment or two! How fun!
hehe.. in your blog it sounds like we may even like each other!! haha.. it's about time though hey??
Love ya sis.. and STICK IT TO THE MAN (re: window doofus')
Post a Comment