
Here is me and my bestest friend from Saskatchewan Shawna and her brood! Starting with me and going in a clockwise fashion: Kiley, Shawna, Shyloh (8), Cameron (2 1/2), Wyatt (5), Zac (9), Dani (9 mos)

Doozie lips

Might as well try to prove that I really was on this trip! I'm photographer, I rarely get in front of the camera. I was in this seat for a very long time - if you include our trip up to Fairview, then back to Okotoks, then the next day we took off East, Dani and I put on about 11,000 Kms. After we returned to Fairview Chris took 2 trips back and forth to Okotoks bringing our stuff up, so he gets an extra 3,700 or so more added on.

And we hit Manitoba! I had never been further east than Saskatchewan, so this was all new territory to me!

One nice valley here, otherwise for the 4 or 5 hours it took to drive through, Manitoba looked a lot like Saskatchewan.

Here is the valley from behind. The Avalanche has a removable back window, and since Dani likes it windy, we drove with it out a lot. I rode in the back once while it was out, and it was awesome! Felt a little like a Jeep. Zac is watching a movie here, while Doozie is snoozie. There are a lot of similar pictures throughout!

Sleeping beauty.


Caught some nice ones of the rain on grass here...

We made it into Ontario pretty late at night. We had to drive a little extra longer than we would have preferred too, as the 1st 2 towns had no vacancy.

Then the next day, the 1st thing worth bringing out the camera for were these moose! They sat on the side of the road staring at us while we stopped, I got these 3 shots, and then they turned around and ran away.

Not sure if you can click on them and make them bigger, but you can see the ones eyelashes and the other one has flies on his nose!


Thunder Bay Ont. Terry Fox made it this far on his run across Canada, and we stopped at his memorial. Zac thinks of him a little like a hero. I remember when he started Kindergarten and he first heard the Terry Fox story, he cried for 3 days about it, kept saying how sad it was, and then he talked nonstop about Terry for weeks. He's a pretty big deal around our house still, so it was super fabulous we got to see this!
Darn - I seems to be having problems uploading any more pics. And the baby is awake now too! Better run, and will post more soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment