Here are some sunset shots the night we left Calgary. Kind of a surreal feeling moving away from the city, and leaving our house, where we got married in, pregnant in, brought Dani home to, had Zacs best buddy ever next door to, and poured a TON of time, sweat and love into renovating. Walking through the empty house was weird. And dropping the dogs off at Amys, and leaving them (both canine and sibling) was actually pretty stinkin horrible. I cried most of the way to Drumheller. But goodbyes are always sad, whether they be for a short or long time. But what a beautiful night to go out on!

Darn telephone poles are always getting in the way when taking drive-by pics.

Calgary city skyline.


Bow River

The following day we got into Saskatchewan, heading to Prince Albert to pick up Zac!

I caught a few good shots of some dragonfly's along the way.


This guy let me hold the stalk of grain still in the wind for the pictures. It was like a photoshoot, and I had a great model!

So, when we were in PA, we took a drive out to where I grew up on the acreage about a half hour drive north of the city.

This is my old playground - the Garden River.


Here is the old lane, with the property to the right. Thats where the horses used to be!

The house through the trees. Good job Dad!

The house! Still looks the same!

Leaving the lane.

The neighbors property - used to be a big sandbox for us, now is an Elk Farm!

Nice old house down the road from our place.


Nice 'down the road' shot.

My old friend Frog.

Saskatchewan grass...


Prairie view

Fox-tail
Georges! This is the old gas station that was on the hiway near our place. We used to get to go there on 'special trips' to get Dingbat ice cream treats and white cream soda in a glass bottle. Ah, the good ol' days!
Still has all the cars - looks just the same!
Dads old work building on the North Saskatchewan River.
Ok, so I'm only on basically Day One here, and I have to take a pause. I will be on later today to get more pictures on! This might take some though... I think my camera had almost 800 pictures on it when we rolled into Fairview! I will of course edit some out, but theres a ton I want to share! Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment