Ok, so things around here have been so totally hectic, I have been neglecting my blog, and I feel bad about it. So, the house and all it's needs are waiting, Dani is asleep, and Zac is at school, so here I sit ready to blog!
I can barely remember the blur of what has been my life these past couple/few weeks. I know we listed our house on Welist, then moved to a realtor (thank goodness) and have shown our house about 25-30 times. It's rediculous. A showing involves me cleaning like a mad woman, to get our house to look as though there aren't 2 messy kids and 2 rowdy dogs living in it, then packing up those 2 kids and 2 dogs and either going for a walk for an hour, or a drive, or the store (then the doggies have to stay in the car, which we don't like too much). When Chris is home at the showing time, we usually end up going out to eat. I think this is the most I have eaten out in my whole entire life! Anyway, we have yet to receive an offer, which sucks. We lowered our asking price a bit, so here's hoping someone bites soon!
Last weekend we packed up our little family, picked up Amy and Sasha and headed to Viking AB to see my brother Scott. He's the Corporal of the RCMP up there, and was actually hospitalized for a week or so due to his lungs not wanting to work too well. He has bad asthma, so they thought it might be complications from that, but after a week on IV steriods to keep them opening and closing, they think it may be more than that. They tested the air and walls in the detachment to see if there are any mold spores (his family was living in the attached house, so he was spending almost 24/7 in that building - they've since moved to their new house). It was great to go up and actually see Scott, because other then getting tired out a little too quick, and some wheezing or coughing, he looks and seems very good. On the mend for sure. We set up their new trampoline and the boys (my Zac and their 2 sons Ty 13 and Daxton 12) had a blast! We had a bbq and a nice long walk with the dogs. It was great. It's the closest we've lived to them for a very very long time, and though it will change again soon, it was nice to take advantage of the 3-4 hour drive and have a good visit.

So Zac thinks the world of his little sister. He can make her smile her biggest grins, and here he is letting her wear his new hat Gramma and Grampa brought back from Vancouver Island for him.

Here is Zac-man reading to his sis.

Dani snugging with her Daddy-o. She sat like this on him for a good 30-40 minutes this night. She was pooped out, but didn't want to go to bed just yet...

It was a little windy the other day, so I put Dani in Zac's old fleece snowsuit to go on our walk. She looked so adorable in it, and it matched her eyes so well!
Pretty Doozer in her car seat. Ready to go show off her cuteness. We get stopped a lot when we go out. And get lots of comments on her eyes. Yes, I'm bragging - I can't help it!
We've had some amazing sunsets lately, and here is the view off our deck.
My man Zac and his freshly shaved head. He just got a new bike, and I took a couple pics of him on it, but somehow they got lost between the camera and the computer, so we will have to take more to post up later. He is doing awesome. He's very excited to move up north. We have him going to Sylvan Learning Centre 6 hours a week for his math studies, and so far it is showing a fantastic improvement! We are very impressed with the dedication he is showing, and the reports coming home from both Sylvan and school.
Doozie on the floor. She's grown a hard and fast attachment to her momma. She cries for me now, and stretches out her arms in my direction. It's sort of cute the 1st couple times, but now, it's a little frustrating because I'm sure it makes Chris feel a little badly, and it wears me out. But she is teething like mad and has been a bit of a crank pot the past week or so due to achy mouth. You can see all 4 of her little bottom toofers just under the gums. Her middle 2 popped through then sank back down again. That has got to hurt.
Dani has also given up on baby food. She's so funny. When she started out on the jars of baby food, she wanted to give up drinking bottles, and only wanted to eat from a spoon. Now, if I try to feed her baby food, she screams at me. She doesn't even want her rice cookies Baby Mum-Mums because they are too 'baby' for her. So she is basically eating lots of whatever we eat. Waffles in the a.m. Toast and cheese for lunch. Pasta for supper. She's such a big girl! 
Roxie-Roller
And Maggie-Mae
Here's hoping it doesn't take me too long to get on for another post (let's actually all pray that I'm back on here tonight exclaiming my joy at having an offer put in on the house!!! *fingers crossed*) but be patient with me if it's more than a couple days. Things have been crazy, and until we sell our home and get our plans in motion for the future, I can't see it settling down too much. Wish us luck!!
1 comment:
Hey! Dani is so freaking cute! I love her eyes as well, I am not surprised she is a show stopper. I agree I loved it the first few times Kyal cried for me but after that not so much. So welist didn't work out?
Post a Comment