
The health nurse came over yesterday and checked us out. We are both doing really well, Dani lost a bit of weight (normal) and was 8 pounds 2.5 ozs. So we have a Dr. appointment tomorrow morning and will see if she gains it back. By the amount this child can eat, I bet she's even more than her birth weight!
Last night was a bit rough - only got 3 hours sleep between 10pm and 4am, and had to wake Chris up to help as I was getting delirious (sp?). He's really good about taking care of her, but I feel bad about him not getting sleep when he has to work the next day. But he's trying to take some time off, if only work would realize that! He's out training a new guy right now, and Dani is in her crib taking a little nap. By the sounds on the moniter though, I think she may be up soon.
Zac was pretty stoked about telling everyone at school that his new baby sister is finally here. He wasn't feeling all that well Sunday night and Monday morning, but we got him to school. He skipped out on his Cubs meeting last night though, as he just wasn't himself still. Seems like he's almost 100% better today though. I think this is one of the 1st times that kid has EVER been sick, so I'm having a harder time with it, as I never have had to deal with him being under the weather.
Everyone here is adjusting nicely to the new member of the household. Auntie Amy would probably prefer it if she didn't have to go to work, so she could hang out holding her neice all day. Zac of course is totally in love with her. And actually last night, he wanted to know what it was like to feed her, so he got to give her her bottle before he went to bed. He was like, "That was cool! I want to do that tomorrow!" Very cute. And at one point yesterday or Sunday, Zac went to check on Dani who was napping in her room. He comes out and tells me, "I just checked the baby sister. I felt to see that she was still breathing, and to make sure her heart was still beating. It is."
The doggies and cat are doing really well with her. The 1st day she was home, the dogs wouldn't let her out of their sight. No matter who was holding her, wherever Dani was, Okee and Maggie were. Leave the room, 2 dogs follow. Abby Fat Cat actually noticed her for the 1st time yesterday, when I had Dani laying on the footstool. Abby put her paws up beside Dani and sniffed her head for a good minute or so. I was a little nervous, but she just sniffed, then waddled off.
Maggie is probably the most out of sorts with the baby in the house. She seems to be almost protective of her already. She doesn't lick her (miracle of all miracles!) but likes to be close by her, sniffing, trying to figure out what the heck she is or something. It's pretty cute. I actually just heard Maggies toenails clicking across the wood flooring in Dani's room. Just checking up on her.
Which I had better do...
1 comment:
Again, the pictures are wonderful.
Post a Comment