Friday, October 27, 2006

Dr. Appointments & Visits

Well, I've been rather busy the past week or so. Been down with the flu, unfourtunately. Hit us pretty hard, Zac first, then me and Amy. Luckily Chris didn't get it, or we would've been really in trouble!

Anyway, we had some company, starting with Chris's Mom and sister Kaitlyn, who got here from Edmonton on the Saturday we got home from the hospital. They were able to stay just for a short visit, till Sunday night, but hopefully will be back in a week or so with Great-Gramma from Ontario, and Auntie Cara and kiddies as well. And they were lucky, they got out before the sickness hit. Which was Sunday night for Zac.

Chris had most of last week off, which was nice, then my Mom and Dad flew in from Ft. Chipewyan and arrived last Saturday, the 21st. Since Ft. Chip is so remote, with no Doctors etc. they have a lot of appointments and stuff to do while they are here, but they are getting in lotsa quality grandkid time. Zac of course is on cloud nine with them here, Gramma for probably another week. I've been up there with him, since I have been so out of it with the flu that I have barely been able to hold my hair up out of the toilet water, let alone take care of an 8 year old and a newborn. They both (and Mom especially, with night time shift) have been just an absolute treasure to have around this last week.

My brother Jeff and one of his boys Colson came by for a visit from the north end of Calgary, which seems like another province. It was such a nice day we bundled up Dani and took the doggies to the park for a little run. I didn't last too long, but neither did Dani, so it worked out ok. And it was good to get some fresh air.

My other brother Scott and his wife Tammy and their 2 boys are coming from Viking for the weekend, so that will be nice. Haven't seen them since the Sept long weekend reunion, and its always nice to have all the kids together.

So anyway, back to the Dr. appts... Dani had her checkup from the health nurse there a while back, I guess it was the 16th, and she was 8 pds 2.5 ozs. Then at the Drs appt on the 18th, she was only up to 8 pds 3 ozs. So the Dr. had us waking her sleepy-butt up every 3 hours to feed, to make sure she was getting enough to eat, as she needed to be back up to her birth weight for her next Dr. appt which was on the 24th. So that was a bit rough, as I seem to think that you should let sleeping babies lie. Especially when you are on your death bed yourself. But she did really good with it, getting up herself every 3 hours after the 1st day of us waking her up. She downs 4-6 ozs each feed, which seemed like a lot. And when we took her to get weighed on the 24th appointment, she was a whopping ... (drumroll please...) 8 pds 15 ozs. Very well done Dani girl! Just shy of 9 pounds at 11 days old. Nice! I love my chubby babies. Makes me feel like they are healthy. Which they are.

So that's what's been going on here in a nutshell. I will dump my camera onto the computer here as soon as I can, and get some pics up asap!

No comments: